Prof. Miao He
Genetic dissection of neural circuit and neurological disorders
Address: Room 1015, Mingdao Building,138 Yixueyuan Road, Institutes of Brain Science, Fudan University, Shanghai China 200032
Tel: 021-54237869 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Miao He received her Ph.D. degree in genetics from State University of New York at Stony Brook in 2011. From 2011 to 2013, she was a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Neuroscience in Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. She joined the institute of brain science in Fudan University at 2013.
The mammalian brain contains an enormous variety of neuron types, each with distinct morphology, connectivity, physiology and function. Different types of neurons, as the building blocks of neural circuits, are highly intermingled and interconnected. Genetic mouse engineering engaging the intrinsic gene regulatory mechanisms that generate and maintain cell type identity and phenotypes allow the establishment of experimental systems which promise precise and reliable identification and manipulation of distinct cell types. We will utilize and further develop genetic mouse models aiming to investigate the molecular mechanisms underlying neural circuit assembly, organization, plasticity and pathology in neurological disorders, from the angle of distinct cell types. We are also interested how miRNA is involved in these processes. Our study will integrate multidisciplinary experimental approaches, both traditional and newly developed, such as imaging, optogenetics, genomics/epigenomics, and behavior analysis.
- Paul A, Crow M, Raudales R, He M, Gillis J, Huang ZJ*(2017). Transcriptional architecture of synaptic communication delineates GABAergic neuron identity. Cell, 171(3): 522-539
- He M, Tucciarone J, Lee SH, Nigro MJ, Kim YS, Levine JM, Kelly SM, Krugikov I, Wu P, Chen Y, Gong L, Hou YJ, Osten P, Rudy B, Huang ZJ*(2016). Strategies and tools for combinatorial targeting of gabaergic neurons in mouse cerebral cortex. Neuron, 91: 1228-1243
- Pfeffer CK*, Xue M, He M, Huang ZJ, Scanziani M (2013). Inhibition of inhibition in visual cortex: the logic of connections between molecularly distinct interneurons. Nat Neurosci, 16(8): 1068-1076
- He M, Liu Y, Wang X, Zhang MQ, Hannon GJ, Huang ZJ* (2012). Cell-type-based analysis of microRNA profiles in the mouse brain. Neuron, 73(1): 35-48 (Faculty of 1000)
- Taniguchi H, He M, Wu P, Kim S, Paik R, Sugino K, Kvitsiani D, Fu Y, Lin Y, Lu J, Nelson S, Huang ZJ* (2011). A resource of cre driver lines for genetic targeting of GABAergic neurons in cerebral cortex. Neuron, 71(6): 995-1013 (Faculty of 1000)